I have always had my doubts regarding religion and the way
we practice it. Then there is the question of difference between spiritualism
and religion. In recent times I tried to make peace with my conscience which
was always at war with my compulsion to go to temples to attain peace. I tried
to reason with myself about the need to
be religious (following my religion which is Hinduism in my case). Sometimes
some visuals shake you out of your shell where you tend to hide and act as if
nothings wrong with this way of life. I
have been going to Tirupati almost every year and everytime I pose the same question to myself…Why two
lines…Why the step-motherly behaviour towards the pilgrims in Sarvadarshanam
Queue. Why do VIPs get a straight entry into the sanctum sanctorum, which
lesser mortals like us aren’t even capable of dreaming about (unless if u
donate a 100KG gold throne, in which case you may even get a chance to hug the
IDOL)??. With the ‘chalta hai’ attitude which common people learn to live their
lives, I would brush aside all this scepticism and go about attending the
duties my religion commands me to perform.
Every
single day, I am torn between my conscience and my faith which tell me that the
Photo Frames of the human forms sitting on flowers, with four hands, each
holding a weapon or a device to give boons are the Gods. Even calling it faith
is technically wrong since I know that this is not right. But the way religion
has been taught to me, its pretty hard to mend the ways now. I personally like
to think there is some power beyond us, which controls all of this. I don’t
like to give it a shape or identity. It is the unknown. This mystery adds to
its all powerful image. Then again I question myself that if each of our
actions are supposed to have a consequence, then whats the point of seeking
forgiveness. It all boils down to us keeping our actions clean. So that should
be the only thing a religion should teach us. Rest of it is all human-made
addendums and amendments. There is one more personal theory of mine about our
need to have a God. It lets us think that there is someone looking over us, who
will take care of everything, who will make sure that everything ends up well.
This helps us to concentrate on our task and let God take care of consequence.
Sometimes we feel too small with the whole world surrounding us. Human beings
tend to not believe in random. This leads to the inference that someone up
there must be making sure that this whole system runs smoothly. We should give
a chance to randomness. In every event we either search for the cause or try to
predict the consequence. What if there is no such relation for our daily
happenings. What if every event in your life is just a new node rather than a
part of a thread of events. Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment